Very few things are worse than knowing that your Lebanon rental house has a gnat problem. While they don’t bite or carry diseases, gnats can be the greatest annoyance in an otherwise spotless and clean home. Ripe fruit, trash bags, and even potting soil can attract these unwelcome pests. They seem to appear out of nowhere and can be complicated and difficult to get rid of. That is unless you know some of the best tricks to keep gnats out of your house for good.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Classified among the ideal practices to eliminate gnats without harsh chemicals is to use a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and dish soap. The gnats will be attracted to the sugar and then trapped by the soap. Set down a small bowl of the mixture close to sites you’ve seen gnats buzzing around, and they will quickly leave.
- Fly Paper: Another effortless, economical method to get rid of gnats is to use flypaper. Even though it’s possibly not the most attractive option, those sticky flypaper ribbons are good at trapping buzzing insects around your home.
- Bleach the Drains: If you’ve seen a convergence of gnats around your sink drains, you may have drain flies. To clear away your drains and house of these pests, pour a solution of bleach and water down the affected drains. Your sinks will immediately be gnat-free once more.
- Rotten Fruit: You know full well that gnats like ripe fruit – it’s one of the main reasons why gnats come into your house. So one manner to eliminate gnats is to use it against them. Leave a piece of ripe or rotten fruit in a bowl and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Taking advantage of a toothpick, poke a few small holes in the plastic. Thereby, the flies can get in but then become trapped in the bowl, which you can then take out from the house.
- Wine Trap: If you have some expired wine handy, you can apply it to trap pesky gnats the same way. Pour some of the wine into a small bowl, add a few drops of dish soap, and then position it in a nearby area where the gnats possibly are flying around. They will be trapped in the wine solution, really making gnat removal as effortless as can be.
- Bug Zapper: If you’re searching for a more aggressive style to eliminate gnats from your house, why don’t you try a bug zapper device. Various kinds of bug zappers are available for purchase, most of which use electricity to zap flies, mosquitoes, and other flying insects. Just set down the zapper in a secluded area and plug it in.
- Chemical Spray: For gnat problems and nuisances that have gotten out of control, you may have to resort to an insecticide. Both foggers and sprays can effectively remove gnats but should be used with caution. Always refer to the manufacturer’s directions when making use of chemical insecticides.
With a lot more means and ways to clear away gnats, you are assured to find one that works for your particular pest problem. Would you be interested in learning more about how to keep your rental house pest-free? Visit Real Property Management Indianapolis Edge’s website for more useful information and contact us online to speak with one of our property managers!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.