Thank you for your interest in one our properties.
Please fill out the form below to begin processing your application.
Please make sure and include payment information and attach a copy of your pay stubs to submit a completed application. By submitting an application you agree to the terms listed below. Please read them before submitting an application.
You may also send a copy of your pay stubs to [email protected] or bring them into the office at 10475 Crosspoint Blvd. Suite 250 Indianapolis, IN 46256.
Rental Process and Application Disclosure
We pledge to honor the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Creed, Age, Marital Status, Physical or Mental Disability, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Application Processing and Time Frame:
- Processing an application normally takes between two (1) to three (2) days. In some cases, the approval of homeowner associations, condominium associations, homeowners, or unforeseen circumstances may require a longer processing period. Please be assured that we will contact you immediately upon determination of approval or denial. All adult applicants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application and application fee.
- No rental property will be held vacant for more than 4 weeks, unless approved by Real Property Management Indianapolis Edge.
- If you decide to apply to rent one of our properties, there is a $50.00 per person (over the age of 18) application fee that is “non-refundable” upon Real Property Management Indianapolis Edge running the application. This application fee must accompany the completed application form provided to you by our company.
- Our leases are currently prepared by an Attorney at Law to comply with Indiana law. If you are the successful leasing candidate, there is a one-time lease closing cost of $150.00 to cover our administrative cost and the cost in preparing your lease.
- Upon receipt of your rental application and application fee(s), you can expect and hereby authorize that we will: (1) check your credit report, (2) check the public records for any past evictions, (3) verify your employment, (4) verify your previous landlord references, and (5) conduct a criminal background check. We would encourage you not to apply if you have bad credit, bad references, have ever been evicted in the past, or have a criminal record. Co-signers may be considered on an individual basis.
- Once you have been notified of your approval, you must place (at a minimum) the security deposit (by cashier’s check or money order) equal to first month’s rent within 48 hours of your approval notification and make arrangements to sign the lease agreement. In the event that you fail to enter into the lease agreement or refuse to take possession of the property on or before your applied-for beginning rental date, you shall forfeit these funds as liquidated damages. If you do not comply with this requirement, we may rent the home you applied for to someone else, and your application fee is non-refundable.
- All applicants must see the interior of the property before an application can be submitted. The property must be accepted in “AS IS” condition before an application can be accepted, except where there is written agreement for maintenance or repair items or waiver of right to view property is signed. Any such maintenance or repair request (if any) must be written and included with your application under “Other Items Requested,” in the contract-to-lease portion of your application. If your maintenance and repair request are acceptable to Real Property Management [franchise name], then that agreement will be written into the lease or lease addendum. Verbal representations are non-binding.
- All initial funds (e.g., holding deposit, first month’s rent, security deposit) must be paid by cashier’s check or money order payable to “Real Property Management Indianapolis.”
Resident Criteria: Selection Criteria – Separate Document and checklist
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (2.5) times the monthly rent. Incomes must be verified in writing using recent pay stubs or other legal means. A minimum of 1 year’s residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions. We reserve the right to require a co-signer and/or a higher security deposit. Co-signers are accepted at the managers discretion only, must meet all requirements.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce two (2) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms. Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filings, collections, or liens within the past three (3) years and no open bankruptcy. Should your application be denied due to credit, we will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents. However, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency so you may receive a copy from that agency. We consider all information collected for the approval or denial of this application to be confidential and for the company’s exclusive use.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without the specific written permission of Real Property Management [franchise name] in the lease document (i.e., a pet addendum to lease) and an additional non-refundable pet application fee of $250.00 per pet. If a higher pet fee or rent and/or security deposit amount is required, you will be notified at the time of the application.
- Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application and/or fees. If so, you must also apply separately to the association. Approval by the homeowner or condominium association is a mandatory prerequisite to our approval of your application.
If you are approved for a property you must provide certified funds in the amount of security deposit and first month’s rent within 48 hours plus any applicable fees. If unable to do so you forfeit your application fee and position in line for the property.